Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why We Grow Heirlooms, Herbs And Natives

Swallowtail in the Bee Balm
Sometimes a picture can tell a story better than words. As I was going through last years photo albums my heart leaped at how far we have come with our garden over the years. This past summer really seemed to tell most of the story.

The Echinasea seemed to be an endless resource for photographing wildlife.
This little Hairstreak Butterfly was only but one of hoards of visitors to the garden. Every tiny little creature counts endless benefits in creating a natural habitat that thrives with not just beauty but health as well.

Texas Gulf Fritillary sits upon a Heirloom Cherry Zinnia

The delicate process of  nectar from a single flower to its pollinator should always be pure and natural. Nature does not require interference from man. No chemicals or pesticides should ever touch a single living creature or human being. I shall plant you again this spring, beautiful Zinnia and you shall be as true as you are forever more.

Bumbling About In The Sunflowers Crown Of Glory

When you've finished bumbling bee, the squash and the pumpkins await their reward.  No one can do your job better than you.For many varieties of squash require a larger bee to pollinate properly. You will be rewarded with baskets filled to the brim with delicious fresh fruit and vegetables when nature works properly.

May My Grandchildren Always Have A Future!

Of course this is REALLY what it is all about. Preserving a future for our children's children.

Happy Gardening!!
Pammy


8 comments:

  1. You make a strong case for heirlooms, herbs, and natives. And grandchildren. (Maybe I should email it to my daughters!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Dorothy It might be Thyme =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the season gets a little dreary - thankfully we have our photos to remind us the warm weather is always inevitable. Can't wait to see your garden grow this year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks Kaybe!! Praying for some relatively normal weather this summer. It would be very hard to endure another drought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.
    Python Injection F12-155 Fuel Distributor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daniel!! So very nice of you!! Hope you will come back to visit! ~ Pammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Pammy!!! I was just "googling" "Cherry Zinnias heirloom" how to plant info and look who I found....You!! Am trying to look up the various seeds you sent Ashley so we can do right by them. Red Zinnias were one of my mom's favorite and you sent Love-In-A-Mist which I found as a wildflower of Ireland,,,we are part Irish! Also, is the Evening Primrose pink or yellow; this one seems very easy to plant : ) I've grown Alyssum before, but never BeeBalm or Lemon Basil. Ashley was delighted w/the Catnip which she can grow for her cat, Zoey! Hope we have enough sunny spots. I live in the woods almost. <3 A&P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peggy!! I'm just trying to catch up on emails. I've had the Grands for 3 days in a row and they've been rather well...busy? LOL The Evening Primrose is the yellow. Your Zinnas ought to take off good because they love the heat.The Lemon Basil too!! Full sun for both. Ashley is going to love the Lemon Basil. It smells just like Lemon Gum Drops!! How I didn't know she had a cat!! haha that will be fun too!Keep me updated on your progress!!! I'm so excited you get to share gardening with your beautiful granddaughter xox

      Delete