Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Matt's Super Sonic Cookies


This cookie recipe is actually for my favorite peanut butter cookies. But when your assistant is my 3 year old grandson and as he is watching me put the criss-crosses on with my fork .....well don't ask me why he gets excited and yells "Sonics" with great delight!! Grandma's can't always figure out what's going on in their precious little heads, but we can figure out real quick what makes them happy. So from then on they've become Matt's Super Sonic Cookies. I love the smell of peanut butter cookies baking in the oven. I love eating them warm. But most of all I love eating warm peanut butter (Sonic) cookies with my Grandson Matt!! I hope you will enjoy them too!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (dark brown is best)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Crisco shortening (not the butter flavor)
1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy)
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix sugars, butter, shortening, peanut butter and egg until creamy. In a separate bowl mix together the remaining ingredients with a whisk. Stir the dry ingredients in with the creamy mixture. Wrap it up in wax paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate around 3 hours.

Preheat the oven at 375. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Criss-Cross with a fork. Sometimes it's easier if you dip your fork in water while doing this.

Bake about 9 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to over bake. They should still be a bit soft when you take them off the pan and will firm up as they cool.

Enjoy!
Pammy Share on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment