Monday, September 16, 2013

Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins


Oh I forgot how truly delicious these muffins are. I haven't made them since last fall during our pumpkin harvest. 

With summer ending, I'm longing for all the wonderful scents of fresh pumpkins and apples. 

My favorite scents are cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. If you enjoy fall as much as I do, you will absolutely love baking these muffins.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all purpose unbleached flour
2 cups raw pure cane sugar
1 well rounded tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, slightly beaten (fresh farm organic eggs)
1 cup of fresh pumpkin puree (canned if not available)
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
2 cups apples, peeled and chopped

Topping
2 tbsp. all purpose unbleached flour
1/4 cup raw pure cane sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp. real unsalted butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. My batter made 20 muffins. I use paper liners in my muffin pans.

In large bowl use a wire whisk to mix together all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix the eggs, pumpkin and oil. Add your pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until well moistened. Fold in your apples.

Now your ready to spoon the batter into your muffin cups.

To make the topping mix together in a small bowl all the ingredients. I use a fork and mix it until it is all crumbly. Sprinkle it on top of the batter evenly in each cup.

Baking time is around 35 to 40 minutes depending on your oven. Check it with a toothpick in the center to make sure it comes out clean.


Super Yummy!!
Happy Gardening!!
Pammy

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie. Looks like he has a nice little fort there. The muffins sound delish! I still have lemon bars to make and I'm adding these to my "to make" list.

    ReplyDelete