The smart is in learning how healthy edible flowers are for everyone!! You will find that they benefit you, your garden plants, garden soil and all the beneficial insects too.
Your imagination is all that is required as you find yourself placing beautiful flowers in ice cubes for tea, or decorating green salads and pastas.
Perhaps you may get creative and try them as a garnish for sandwiches and desserts as well. A nice stiff stem and flower used as a skewer could create...well just plain fun!!
1. Heirloom organic rose petals, both beautiful and can add an apple flavor. Don't forget the hips for some added vitamin C. A great companion to grow with your grapes.
2. Sage....pineapple and peach blossoms are spiked with both sweet and fruity flavors. It is said it helps increase the attention span and quickens the senses as well as relieve anxiety.and elevate moods. I love these planted near my strawberry plants.
3. Pineapple Guava blossoms taste similar to the fruit..very flavorful and exotic too. Actually adding flowers from most of your fruiting trees could prove to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and prevent the spread of tumors. Fruit trees do so well when in and near your herb garden.
4. Chamomile, my favorite for its fresh apple flavor. Float some blossoms in a glass of tea or add some the next time you prepare a tray of ice cubes. This is a great companion near your beans or other plants susceptible to aphids.
5. Hollyhocks taste a bit bitter but what a gorgeous showy flower to add to tea or garnish with. It is tremendous for helping treat sore throats and control coughing spells. This is a tall beauty and you might want to plant them as a backdrop for your cabbage plants. You might find them very helpful in controlling a whole lot of different leaf eating insects.
6. Another favorite is Borage that has such a pleasant mild cucumber flavor. This herb companion is a must for every garden and especially for those who love growing strawberries. It is also really good for your soil too! The vitamins in borage have a long list for both your skin and inside as an immunity builder.