Friday, September 13, 2013

What's In Season, Acorn Squash Stuffed With Pears


This is why eating in season is so delicious! Acorn Squash and Pears are at their prime right now! 

Recipe

Acorn Squash
2 In Season Pears
Dried Apricots
Raw Local Honey
Crushed Walnuts or Pecans
Raw Pure Cane Sugar
Unsalted Butter
Cinnamon


Bake at 350

Directions

Slice the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. (Chickens Love Them!)

Peel and core Pears. (A TREAT for the chickens!) Sliced them thin and put them in a bowl.

Chopped the dry apricots. I used approximately 8 of them. 

Crush the Walnuts. I used a couple large tablespoons of them.

The honey and sugar to taste and I used 1 tablespoon of butter per half.

The cinnamon is to taste as well. I love it and used a good tsp. of it. Plus I sprinkled a little on top after they were stuffed.

Mix everything together in your bowl and scoop it out to stuff your squash.

Mine took about one hour in the oven on 350. Test it with a fork to check if it is tender. 

I covered them the last 1/2 hour with foil so the pears didn't burn.

It is DELICIOUS and HEALTHY TOO!!


Dinner is Served! I had made a rib pork roast with sesame seeds for a side dish. Tender and yummy!

Happy Gardening!
Pammy

2 comments:

  1. I love acorn squash and pears so this recipe sounds ideal for me. I hope to try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy! You're very welcome and enjoy!! xo

      Delete