Thursday, October 31, 2013

Carrot Pears & Cranberry Salad


Honestly, I get so excited when the cilantro starts popping up in the garden. It tastes nothing like the stuff you buy in the store! Everything from the garden is always better!!

This is THEE BEST Carrot Salad! I would have never guessed at this combination until I ran across the idea for it from another blog called Pinch My Salt. 

Although I found her to be a pure genius when she created her salad using apples and lemons, I switched it around a bit using pears and limes. For us the use of limes with cilantro is a family favorite. I think the lime takes the vinaigrette in this salad over the top. 

The use of cranberries and working in the feta cheese had my husband asking for more. We pretty much cleaned out the bowl. I had to make it again the next night and made sure I captured a couple of photos for you.

Things You Will Need

`1 Pear
3 Carrots
1 Lime
Dried Cranberries
Feta Cheese
White Wine Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cilantro
Cumin
Organic Raw Pure Cane Sugar or Honey
Salt & Pepper to taste

How To Make It

First grate the carrots, peel and core the pear and slice into bite size chunks. Toss in a handful of dried cranberries. 

Squeeze the juice out of a whole lime and stir it into the fruit and carrots. Add 1 tsp. white wine vinegar and a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and stir it in.

Next, tare the cilantro into pieces. I used a small handful. Toss it into the salad. 

Sprinkle a little cumin into the salad. I used about a pinch of it. Salt and Pepper it to taste. Add the Raw Sugar. I used about a half teaspoon. If using honey I would keep the amount about the same. You are gaining a lot of sweetness from the fruit, so I would say you could go less...but not more.

Lastly, crumble some feta over the top. I tossed the whole salad pretty good to work everything in.

You're going to Love it!! My cat Chester seemed to have fun helping me forage for the cilantro as it is just now starting to pop up. Enjoy!!



Happy Gardening!
Pammy


No comments:

Post a Comment